The Interlake Teachers’ Association is proud to represent the teachers and clinicians of the Interlake School Division.
NOTICE OF CALL FOR ITA EXECUTIVE ELECTIONS:
Nominations are open for any ITA members wishing to run for a position on the executive. To see a list of all current chair positions and job descriptions, click HERE. Watch the March edition of the ITA NEWS for an updated list of candidates, and more AGM agenda information.
The ITA Annual General Meeting will take place on Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 4:30 pm at SCI.
In the News:
- *NEW* – 2020-21 Provincial Education Funding Impact per Division – LINK
- LINK to the latest edition of the Manitoba Teacher Magazine
- Brandon Arbitration Award Finds Division Breached Collective Agreement – LINK to the story
- Follow the NEW MTS Campaign: We Are What We Learn – LINK
“No matter how great our differences, the one thing most of us have in common is public school. The way those years shape and guide the direction of our lives is nothing short of profound. In We Are What We Learn, Manitobans whose backgrounds vary greatly reflect on their experiences in public school, the lives they’ve led, and how education contributes to a better Manitoba.”
- Previous campaign: My Classroom. Our Future – LINK
MTS Elections 2020
There are positions for Members-at-Large to be voted on at the Provincial Council (Annual General Meeting) next May. Information about elections and nominations can be found in the following documents:
For any other information or questions, contact General Secretary Roland Stankevicius at (204) 831- 3069 or email@example.com.
- Women In Educational Leadership (WIEL) Forum on Facebook every Wednesday. Click HERE for details.
Nominations are open for the Young Humanitarian Awards, and you have an opportunity to support them with the Manitoba Moose!
They’re kids with a cause – compassionate, creative and courageous. You see them at every grade level, students who love serving in their schools and communities.Thank them for their goodness with a Young Humanitarian Award nomination. They could win one of four $1,000 prizes.
Deadline for submissions is Friday February 28, 2020 at 4:00 pm.Join us at our MTS YHA Awards April 22, 2020, 7:00 PM at the Manitoba Theatre for Young People.Nomination forms are available here in Individual (ENG), Group (ENG) or French. See more YHA information here.
MB Government Introduces BILL 2; The Public Services Sustainability Amendment Act. Links to:
K-12 Review & the MTS Comprehensive Submission to the K-12 Education Review has been released to the public.
- Click to see the FULL DOCUMENT, which includes 17 recommendations.
- Click to see the MEDIA RELEASE containing the highlights.
MTS Update on Issues Documents