The Interlake Teachers’ Association is proud to represent the teachers and clinicians of the Interlake School Division.
ITA MISSION STATEMENT
The Interlake Teachers’ Association is dedicated to empowering members by promoting and protecting their well-being. We strive to advance equitable public education through the support of relevant professional development, communication with members, professional advocacy, and community engagement.
ITA and ISD have reached an agreement in committee on a renewed collective agreement. Ratification vote to occur this Thursday, May 6 between 8am and 5pm. Please check your email. Below are the details:
DURATION: Four (4) Years – July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2022
Article 3.03 SALARY SCHEDULES and ALLOWANCES ARTICLE 8:
- First Day Fall Term 2018: 1.6% increase to salaries including allowance in Article 8
- First Day Fall Term 2019: 1.4% increase to salaries including allowances in Article 8
- First Day Fall Term 2020: 0.5% increase to salaries including allowances in Article 8
- First Day Fall Term 2021: COLA increase to salaries including allowances in Article 8
- COLA to be determined as follows: In January 2022, or as soon as possible thereafter, when the 12-month (January to December 2021) average annual Manitoba Statistics Canada Consumer Price Index (All Items) change is made known, the increase will be applied retroactively to September 1, 2021.
Sub fee effective May 1, 2021 the daily rate will increase from $170 to $178. Interest waived for this round.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU PARTICIPATE IN THE RATIFICATION VOTE.
2021 ITA AGM Results:
Follow this LINK to our 2021 AGM page. The executive is unchanged. All motions passed. Thank you for participating.
- Please go to our COVID-19 page for the latest on K-12 Education Provider self-isolation rules – LINK
- More info can be found in this Manitoba Government Doc – LINK
Education Review Short on Details
The Provincial Government unveiled its long-awaited changes to the Manitoba school system that promise to ripple through the system for years. Much of the government outline lacks detail, promises further consultations depending on the government’s intentions, and it does say its new governance model will be implemented by July 1, 2022.
It will include the reduction of English school divisions to 15, including combining Interlake & Lord Selkirk. The Society will be meeting with the government in the immediate future to discuss the plans and timetable. The full report can be found here.
Manitoba Bills Related to Education:
- Bill 16 – The Labour Relations Amendment Act
- Bill 45 – The Public Schools Amendment and Manitoba Teachers’ Society Amendment Act
- Bill 64 – The Education Modernization Act