The Interlake Teachers’ Association is proud to represent the teachers and clinicians of the Interlake School Division.
ITA MISSION STATEMENT
The Interlake Teachers’ Association is dedicated to empowering members by promoting and protecting their well-being. We strive to advance equitable public education through the support of relevant professional development, communication with members, professional advocacy, and community engagement.
MB GOV – Restoring Safe Services Document, June 25 Announcement on School re-opening in Sept 2020 – LINK
MTS FAQs on Teacher Sept. 2 Return to School – LINK
MTS Member Rights to a Safe Workplace – LINK
– The link above provides you with a the step-by-step process if you feel you are in a position to refuse unsafe work in a reopening/return to school plan.
- FAQs – Click HERE for some questions that have been submitted by fellow ITA members.
In the News:
MAY 21 – Reopening Press Release – LINK
PHASE 2 – Restoring Services Draft Plan – LINK
Schools Scramble to Plan Partial Reopening – LINK
Arbitration Award could be precedent-setting – LINK
- LINK to the Full LRTA Interest Award Document
Cash Strapped Divisions Worry – LINK
Government Mandate Letter to Minister of Education – LINK
2020-21 Provincial Education Funding Impact per Division – LINK
LINK to Interlake School Division Budget Summary for 2020-21.
- Brandon Arbitration Award Finds Division Breached Collective Agreement – LINK to the story
- Follow the NEW MTS Campaign: We Are What We Learn – LINK
“No matter how great our differences, the one thing most of us have in common is public school. The way those years shape and guide the direction of our lives is nothing short of profound. In We Are What We Learn, Manitobans whose backgrounds vary greatly reflect on their experiences in public school, the lives they’ve led, and how education contributes to a better Manitoba.”
- Previous campaign: My Classroom. Our Future – LINK
MB Government Introduces BILL 9; The Public Services Sustainability Amendment Act. Links to:
K-12 Review & the MTS Comprehensive Submission to the K-12 Education Review has been released to the public.
- Click to see the FULL DOCUMENT, which includes 17 recommendations.
- Click to see the MEDIA RELEASE containing the highlights.
MTS Update on Issues Documents