Provincial Bargaining Preparations have begun by MTS:
Bill 45 – The Public Schools Amendment and The Manitoba Teachers’ Society Amendment Act, has been proclaimed. It establishes a provincial bargaining model for all public school teachers, with the exception of the Division Scolaire Franco-Manitobaine (DSFM).
What you need to know?
- MTS is prepared and has initiated the Society’s Provincial Bargaining Protocol, which you can read HERE. The Society will be the central bargaining agent for Manitoba teachers (except for DSFM).
- Our local collective agreement expires June 30, 2022, and is followed until a new one is reached.
- MTS supports single-tier provincial bargaining, subject to the following conditions:
- Teachers remain governed under the Labour Relations Act.
- MTS will bargain directly with the Province of Manitoba (the funder).
- Bargaining must be fair and with an open scope.
- The mechanisms for dispute resolution, whether strike or interest arbitration, must be without limitation.
- The best provisions from existing collective agreements should be the standard for the new
MTS and ITA may send regular all-member emails. Please update your MyProfile (LINK) with a personal email, or risk missing out on bargaining updates and the all-members email THE SUB.