Updated self-isolation rules for K-12 Education providers:
Public health officials have confirmed that critical services workers, which include Kindergarten to Grade 12 education providers (all teachers, administrators, and support staff), who have been directed to self-isolate because a member of their household is either awaiting a COVID-19 test result OR a member of their household has been deemed to be a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case, can continue to work as long as:
- they wear a medical mask at all times. Any breaks where the mask is removed should be done in isolation of staff and students
- they have no symptoms themselves
- the household member is a close contact, the close contact has no symptoms and is able to self-isolate within the home.
These household members should still self-isolate when not at work.
The above exemptions apply for VOC and non-VOC cases. These exemptions do not apply in situations where the staff person themselves is awaiting a COVID-19 test result or has been deemed to be a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case. In these situations, the staff must self-isolate—there are no exceptions.
- Note: If you are required to self-isolate and are unsure of your next steps regarding work, please contact your direct supervisor (Principal Teacher) immediately. If you have further questions or concerns, contact the ITA President at email@example.com
- More info can be found in this Manitoba Government Doc – LINK
- Manitoba Remote Learning Support Centre – LINK
- MB GOV – Restoring Safe Services Document, June 25 Announcement on School re-opening in Sept 2020 – LINK
- LINK to MB Government Daily Press Conferences
- Right to Refuse Unsafe Work – LINK
- MB Response Management to cases in schools – Quick Guide – LINK
– MTS Action/Reaction on Key Issues:
– Advice to MTS Members on Working from Home
– MB Pandemic Response System – LINK
- Self-assessment tool at www.manitoba.ca/COVID19