For forms not listed, please contact your school principal or the ITA President.
- MTS CONTACTS PAGE
- This link connects you to numbers to call to access a Staff Officer or to ask general inquiries of the Society.
- MEMBER MY PROFILE PAGE
- This link connects you to the Member Profile sign in page, allowing you to make up to date edits of your current information. You will need your Member # to log in.
- DBP (Disability Benefits Plan) Information or to CONTACT
- This link connects you to the Group Benefits page, where you can find information and contact numbers for our Group Health & Dental Plans, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability plans.
- EAP (Educator Assistance Program) Services or to CONTACT
- This link will connect you to information and professionals who can help you if you are struggling with your current physical or mental health, well-being, or are working through trauma or personal issues that require specialised attention and help.
HumanaCare Services: Supporting MTS Members and Their Families
Through HumanaCare, MTS members and eligible family can receive one-on-one counselling, as well as an array of other wholistic support services. These include family, relationship, grief and bereavement counselling, as well as support for substance use, depression, work related stress, diet and nutrition, even legal and financial counselling.
To request services 24/7 any day of the year, connect by calling 1-800-661-8193 or going online at www.humanacare.com/mts
In addition, check your email for an access code for MTS members and family. Use it to create your own private HumanaCare profile for access to helpful information on a wide range of topics.
Can’t find the information in your MTS email? Call MTS Member Benefits: 204-957-5330.
Note: The access code is NOT required to request counselling services. It only applies to creating an online profile, which you can do now or at any time in the future. You can use the telephone number or web address above to connect with HumanaCare and book services right away.
Services members can access:
• Individual, Couple or Family Counselling or Therapy
• Family and Parenting
• Substance Use
• Legal and Financial
• Grief and Bereavement
• Life or Career Coaching
• Behavioural Management
• Diet and Nutrition
• Work-Related Stress
• Bullying and Harassment
• Crisis and Trauma
- Includes 2STLGBQIA2+ and National Day for Truth and Reconciliation Lessons
Weekday workshop: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Evening workshops (pm): 5:30 – 9:30 pm
Saturday workshops: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Workshop Fees: Member $150, Non-Member $200
(unless otherwise noted)
Provincial Bargaining Preparations have begun by MTS:
Bill 45 – The Public Schools Amendment and The Manitoba Teachers’ Society Amendment Act, has been proclaimed. It establishes a provincial bargaining model for all public school teachers, with the exception of the Division Scolaire Franco-Manitobaine (DSFM).
What you need to know?
- MTS is prepared and has initiated the Society’s Provincial Bargaining Protocol, which you can read HERE. The Society will be the central bargaining agent for Manitoba teachers (except for DSFM).
- Our local collective agreement expires June 30, 2022, and is followed until a new one is reached.
- MTS supports single-tier provincial bargaining, subject to the following conditions:
- Teachers remain governed under the Labour Relations Act.
- MTS will bargain directly with the Province of Manitoba (the funder).
- Bargaining must be fair and with an open scope.
- The mechanisms for dispute resolution, whether strike or interest arbitration, must be without limitation.
- The best provisions from existing collective agreements should be the standard for the new
MTS and ITA may send regular all-member emails. Please update your MyProfile (LINK) with a personal email, or risk missing out on bargaining updates and the all-members email THE SUB.
- UPCOMING MATERNITY LEAVE SEMINAR POSTER – Please contact your local President to register.
- Maternity/Parental Leave Intro Video
- Maternity/Parental Leave Handbook
- Maternity Leave and Pension Buy Back – TRAF has a new online maternity/parental/adoption leave cost calculator, accessible through TRAF Online Services. This calculator provides a quicker and smoother application, tracking, and calculation process for members and school divisions. This calculator is for maternity/parental and adoption leaves that are purchased during the leave and within 18 months after the end of the leave.