For forms not listed, please contact your school principal or the ITA President.
- MTS CONTACTS PAGE
- This link connects you to numbers to call to access a Staff Officer or to ask general inquiries of the Society.
- MEMBER MY PROFILE PAGE
- This link connects you to the Member Profile sign in page, allowing you to make up to date edits of your current information. You will need your Member # to log in.
- DBP (Disability Benefits Plan) Information or to CONTACT
- This link connects you to the Group Benefits page, where you can find information and contact numbers for our Group Health & Dental Plans, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability plans.
- EAP (Educator Assistance Program) Services or to CONTACT
- This link will connect you to information and professionals who can help you if you are struggling with your current physical or mental health, well-being, or are working through trauma or personal issues that require specialised attention and help.
At The Manitoba Teachers’ Society, we realize there are times we could all use extra advice, support, information or inspiration. We are excited to be bringing you LifeSpeak – a digital wellness platform that can provide MTS members and their families with instant access to expert advice and confidential information when and where they need it. – LIFE SPEAK LINK
There are over 480 expert-led video modules on topics such as:
• Eating for Optimal Health
• Better Sleep for Better Health
• Mental Health Stigma
• Parenting Topics – from Maternity to Teens
• Shifting Your Mindset to Wealth
• Stress Mastery
• Couples Relationships
• Professional Development & Leadership content
• Digital Addiction
LifeSpeak will be available 24/7 from your smartphone, laptop or tablet. Access is anonymous and confidential.
To access LifeSpeak members should sign into MyProfile http://memberlink.mbteach.org and click on the LifeSpeak link.
NEW – Expert Help: Navigating the COVID-19 Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic affects all of us. We live in uncertainty, life’s habits and familiar patterns have all but disappeared, and no one knows what the next hour or day holds.
LifeSpeak’s experts can help you carve out some peace of mind by giving you tips and strategies that are easy to implement, right now. Share this information with your loved ones; we can all make a difference.
The following videos are available in our library:
- The Link Between Sleep and Health
- Addressing Anxiety: Frequently Asked Questions
- How to make connections and reduce loneliness
- How do We Start Being More Mindful in Everyday Life?
- How do We Start Being More Mindful in Everyday Life?
- The 5 Pathways to Resilience
- Health Habits and Stress – Sleep, Caffeine and Exercise
- Stress and the Mind-Body Connection
- Technology Use: How to Find a Balance
- How Parents Can Stay Connected as a Couple During COVID-19
Weekday workshop: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Evening workshops (pm): 5:30 – 9:30 pm
Saturday workshops: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Workshop Fees: Member $150, Non-Member $200
(unless otherwise noted)
Provincial Bargaining on the horizon:
In November 2020, the Manitoba government introduced legislation to move teachers to provincial bargaining. Bill 45 will establish a single tier, centralized bargaining model for all public school teachers, with the exception of the Division Scolaire Franco-Manitobaine (DSFM).
Bill 45 – The Public Schools Amendment and The Manitoba Teachers’ Society Amendment Act, (click the title to go to the act), has been a long time in the making, with the government announcing its intent to move to a provincial bargaining model in 2018. MTS has had discussions with government on this legislation since 2018, having developed its own provincial bargaining policy, almost a decade earlier. Click here to read more on Bill 45. Click here for Provincial Bargaining FAQ
What you need to know?
- MTS is prepared with a Provincial Bargaining Protocol, (click here). The Society will be the central bargaining agent for Manitoba teachers (except for DSFM) when or if the bill is passed, and there is no timing for when this may occur.
- Current collective agreements are followed until a new one is reached. None of the 38 locals have an updated agreement. Our ITA/ISD CA expired June 30, 2018.
- Does MTS support provincial bargaining? In 2011, bargaining principles and models for a single-tier and two-tier provincial bargaining system were adopted into MTS policy at Provincial Council. MTS supports single-tier provincial bargaining, subject to the following conditions:
- Teachers remain governed under the Labour Relations Act.
- MTS will bargain directly with the Province of Manitoba (the funder).
- Bargaining must be fair and with an open scope.
- The mechanisms for dispute resolution, whether strike or interest arbitration, must be without limitation.
- The best provisions from existing collective agreements should be the standard for the new contract.
- The membership of MTS will remain, as it currently exists.
- Are there concerns about the government’s provincial bargaining bill? One clause reads: “In making an award, the arbitrator or arbitration board must take into consideration all factors that they consider relevant, including:
(a) the ability of the school division or school district to pay in light of its fiscal situation; and
(b) the economic situation in MB.”
MTS and ITA will send regular all-member emails. Update your MyProfile (LINK) with a personal email, or risk missing out on bargaining updates.
- Maternity/Parental Leave Intro Video
- Maternity/Parental Leave Info Document
- Maternity Leave and Pension Buy Back – TRAF has a new online maternity/parental/adoption leave cost calculator, accessible through TRAF Online Services. This calculator provides a quicker and smoother application, tracking, and calculation process for members and school divisions. This calculator is for maternity/parental and adoption leaves that are purchased during the leave and within 18 months after the end of the leave.